We are often asked if we can Ball Park or Estimate the cost to build a project? There are many questions that need answering on a project such as the following.
- How many rust spots does your project have?
- How many parts need to be replaced?
- How much time will it take to locate and purchase each part?
- What will the quality level of the parts be that are available such as used, repo or New Old Stock?
- If reproduction parts are available how much re-work time will they take to satisfy our quality requirements ?
- How long will it take to build or fabricate those parts that are not available?
By The Hour Build
Because of these unknown factors we are unable to "guesstimate" the cost to build a project. We strictly perform "by the hour" billing on all labor including the shop materials used on your project.
Billing invoices-paper work sent to our customers.
The labor records from our crew provide written information pertaining to your project each day it is worked on.
With each invoice, you will also receive a summary of the total hours performed by each crew member.
The telephone log sheets provide information about each call that is placed on your behalf and a record of any parts ordered on your credit card at our cost. We simply send you the original invoice at NO Profit to us.
Authenticity is vital to the customer who desires a totally original show car. Through research, documentation, digital photos and phone calls to the right people we unravel the mystery to build it correctly.
Dis-assembly records and parts replacement forms are used to help us achieve the desired results.
You will receive digital images via pdf through email with each invoice you receive.)
What type of project are you interested in building ?
1. Original : a vehicle built the same way as it was from the MFG. numbers matching etc. Although It would be restored to a greater level of cosmetic quality then a production line original vehicle.
2. Resto Mod : features an original looking exterior but is upgraded with a modern drive train including engine, transmission, brakes, and chassis suspension tweaks, A/C and other creature comforts you have come to expect.
3. Pro Touring: often features body mods on the exterior, hi horsepower drive trains and full suspension modifications for superior road and track handling. Original or custom colors are an option.
4. Hot Rod : usually referred to as a 1949 and newer body style with custom modifications to the drive train, suspension, interior and body including custom paint. This includes the old hot rodder look !
5. Street Rod : a pre/before 1949 Body style and is usually custom built for the driver to fit him or her specifically. Everything from mild to extreme drive trains are installed including numerous custom fabricated parts. Custom paint jobs with body modifications are quite common.
Of course you can combine any of these for your own preference. We are here to build your dream ride to suit your personal taste!